Here is a quick overview of some of the many things you can do to get your home ready for sale.
- Fix up the garden.
- Clean the exterior of the house.
- Fix anything that is broken.
- Change all light globes.
- Unclutter the house.
- Clean windows until they sparkle.
- Add a lick of paint to spruce up dull walls and surfaces.
- Give everything a good scrub.
- Create the illusion of space.
- Clean the oven.
- Clean old grouting with white vinegar and water (environmentally friendly and it works).
- Buy a new shower curtain.
- Fix leaky taps.
- Replace the toilet seat (you’ll be surprised).
- Oil a squeaky door.
- Make bedrooms look cosy.
- Tone down kid’s rooms (lose the stash of a 1000 toys).
- Plant colourful annuals in the garden or a planter box.